Why We Do This
The unbearable loss of Jake- a son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, and friend- has brought us together to unite and spread awareness and education to the community about the dangers of drugs and to also help those who are wanting a fresh start.
Increase awareness of the dangers surrounding the opioid epidemic through education and prevention.
Our Core Values
- We believe we are stronger together. Our community is our lifeline.
- We strive to provide hope to those looking for a fresh start.
- We hope to make a contribution to this world by our efforts.
- We have sincere empathy for those who have been affected.
- We have a lot of passion for what we do and we hope it spreads.
Jake Schmaus 1992-2013
The first year after we lost Jake, we struggled immensely to overcome our grief. We had our first For Jake Sake Fundraiser in 2014 to help “pull us through” and give us something positive to focus on. Because of the support of our family, friends, and community, we are now able to help young adults overcome heroin addiction and give them hope for their future. Please join our efforts by making a financial contribution or contact us to get involved.